We presented my parents this cake up at Weiser last week. What follows is the reaction we received after they removed the tinfoil wrapping. I don't think we could have asked for a better reaction. Some people come by the camp, around the 1:20 mark. At the very most these people are acquaintances. They have no idea what just happened or who Kira even is. I don't think I've ever seen my parents so thrilled in my life. The rest of the night was a blur and we had so much fun. I'm really glad Kira and I could give this news at Weiser, during the National Oldtime Fiddlers Contest.
Kira and I are thrilled that everyone we've talked to is so excited for this baby and we wish to thank everyone for the continued support we are receiving.
As a side note I should also give Aaron, my brother, a congratulations. On the same day we told my family about the baby he made the first cut at the contest. This is something we have tried to do since we started going to Weiser 11 years ago. Great job Aaron!
- Jason
Okay -- you can remove the video now..... :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is the best reaction EVER! Congratulations to the Fewkes Family :) So happy for you both!
ReplyDelete-Sarah K.
Congrats to all of the family. I know Kira has been waiting for this day for a LONG time. I am so happy for you both.
ReplyDeleteTina McDowell
You just had a Fewkes cousin deliver a baby girl this week and now your's will be the next Fewkes to come along. I was beginning to think that the Fewkes line was going to thin out. Loved the way you posted videos of the family's reaction. Congradulations, this is great news.
ReplyDeleteLove, your cousin Yvonne Fewkes May