We had a doctors appointment yesterday and found somethings out. I have already started having contractions with Jaxson and he decided he would check me out and make sure everything was ok. When doing so he said something was in the way and he thought it was a foot. So we had an ultrasound to check. For sometime now we have thought that Jaxson was head down and he is not. He is breech. We were then given some choices.
- One- Have them try and turn him and see if he will and if he will stay that way. They take two people and push on my belly and try and turn him as someone els is watching his heart rate. If his heart rate drops or they tear my placenta it is an emergency c section. They would like to do this at 37 weeks and I'm 36 on Friday.
- Two- see if he will turn on his own
- Three- schedule a c section at 39 weeks.
On top of that we found out that Jaxson is small. He only weighs 4.5 pounds right now. They measured his body and his belly and limbs are small. We are scheduled to have another ultrasound on Tuesday, January 31st at 10:00 to see if he has grown any. There could be many reasons he is not growing. Jason and I are small, no room for him to grow, if I'm not giving him what he needs or if he is cutting the circulation off in his umbilical cord.
In the beginning of this journey Jason and I have said we want everyone to be involved and we feel we need to let everyone know what is going on and have you hear it from one of us. I'm not worried about a c section at all. I just want to make sure he is fully developed before he comes into the world. We will not know anything till after our appointment on Tuesday. I will see my brother and his wife tonight and will be able to inform them as to whats going on.
We appreciate all the support and love that we have been given. We know that we are very special to have such an amazing family.
- Kira
No comments:
Post a Comment
When posting a comment please also put your name. This helps me and Kira know who we are sharing with.